[vdr] Re: dbox2 -> dreambox ?

Uwe Heinrich wrote:

> if vdr is (or could) running on a dbox2- anybody thought about
> transfering it on a dreambox?

i hope so
(installed base of dbox2 is much higher)

> The dreambox should have enough power and with a hd enough space?
> The hardware is really nice, but the software part is really lousy. In
> my eyes vdr is _the_ killer application for this machine!

a friend told me that it is not THAT bad, there is the option to grab
from the disk (wiljo´s pvas can handle this streams too)
afaik one "problem" is that the hdd and network using the same irq and
for that reason its not possible to use hdd and network together without
problems