[vdr] HD speed requirements

Hi,

It seems my old (half a year old) disk in the VDR box is beginning to get
noisy, so I thought about replacing it. It's a pretty fast 7200 rpm IDE
disk, but I was wondering wether a 5400 rpm one would be just as good? It
could be more silent and produce less heat.

The most I/O-intensive we've so far done is two simultaneous recordings
and one replay (timeshift + extra recording), and the 7200 rpm disk has
done that without any problems.

Anyone have a new 5400 rpm disk and can share comments on wether it is
good enough? I can fit only one disk in the case, so suggestions to get a
RAID setup are not too helpful. :)

Regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
  In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
   very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.