[vdr] Re: VDR feature request - Keyboard led indicators.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1] Marko Myllymäki wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have nearly completed my VDR STB, but would like to have LED indicator
>when ever I have a recording active.
>
>I have stripped old keyboard and connected it to the buttons on my old tuner
>(a lot of soldering :) ), which I have used as a case for my STB.
>
>I seem to have three LEDs on the keyboard (or what's left of it) and would
>like to use them as indicators to state replay and recording modes.
>
>I can use the setleds, which came with my RH 7.3 distribution, but it seems
>it does not have toggle capabilities, maybe some script would do, but if I
>have simultanious rercording of multiple programs, those leds, just wont
>work as they should.

I soldered up a little "circuit" with two leds connected to the parallel
port. They indicate "VDR on" and "recording in progress", just like you
want. To actually control the "recording led" I made a minimal little
plugin that get status info from VDR about started/stopped recordings and
which then turns the led on/off as appropriate. Works extremely well. As
for using the keyboard leds, well, it should just be a matter of changing
one system() call to instead call your "setled" or similar program.

--
         In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies