[vdr] Re: StartHWFilter error

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 16:00, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> The newer drivers die after some time if the tuning isn't quite right. Try
> and get the signal as strong as possible, make sure the temperature in the
> case isn't higher than it used to be with 1.0.4 and reload drivers at
> night. With a strong signal I didn't have HwFilter crashes / outcom errors
> / ARM crashes in weeks.

I must confirm this behaviour. Since it's this hot here in Frankfurt/Germany
I get a lot of short breaks in signal strength. They occure just every 20-30
minutes and stay for 2-3 seconds. Not much but vdr crashes nearly every
2 hours. Well I have a "special key" on my remote control to restart vdr
with irexec (including unloading all modules). After this, everything is ok
again.

Let's pray for a short summer :-)  ...or the next dvb driver version...

Martin