[vdr] Re: segmentation fault immediately after start of vdr

Walter Schittek wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Are you sure that you compiled *everything*?
> >
> > cd /usr/src/linux
> > make clean
> > make dep
> > make bzImage
> > make modules
> > make modules_install
>
> Yes, the only difference is that I first made
> make dep
> and then
> make clean

You should do a 'make dep' *after* 'make clean'.

> I think I will reinstall the SuSE kernel sources and then try it
> again.

Why reinstall?
'make clean' should be sufficient. This is not windows. ;-)

As Juri suggested, it might be a good idea to rename the modules
directory (/lib/modules/2.4.blabla) just before you execute the
'make modules_install' command. (The install will re-create it.)

Oliver