[vdr] dxr3 and overlay

Hi!
I just got my vdr up and sort of running. Thanks Klaus and all the other
programmers, you are doing a great job!
As you have probably guessed I can't figure out how to use the overlay
mode of my dxr3 to output to a regular monitor. I've been searching the
list, the dxr3-plugin homepage and the web. I've read that others got it
working but not how.
I've got vdr, the mplayer-plugin and the dxr3 plugin working, so that I
can watch videos through vdr on a tv just fine. I also got overlay for
the dxr3 configured. When running mplayer -vo dxr3:overlay it works just
fine, too. I just can't figure out how to setup vdr (and the
mplayer-plugin) to use overlay.
Hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance!
Oliver