[vdr] Re: DVD Plugin Docs - Request for Proof-Reading

Hi,

On Saturday 28 June 2003 1:23 pm, Emre Bastuz wrote:

[...]

> I wrote a step-by-step guide, which might be useful to others.
>
> Anyone care proof-reading it?

Nice work, some remarks:

libdvdnav-0.1.9 includes its own version of libdvdread, there is no need
anymore to install that seperatly.

djbfft is not really required, it is merely an optimisation. liba52 will work
happily without it. The message about the missing IMDCT transforms can be
ignored.

> - when following the instructions in the plugin README I stumbled accross
>   a compile error, saying 'DVDNAV_WAIT' was not defined/implicitly declared
>   or something like that. You get this error when using a current version
>   of the plugin with an old version of dvdnav found on
>   http://www.linvdr.de/.

ehm, RTFM ;-) - ok, the README also mentions a special libdvdnav version, but
there is no such version of 0.1.9, so you just have to use the unmodified
original from dvd.sf.net. My tweaked version of libdvdnav would normaly
include support for direct audio track selection and fast forward/rewind.

Andreas