[vdr] Re: VNC Viewer Plugin

Gunnar Roth wrote:

How should this work? Do you want to encode the vncviewers graphic as a mpeg stream?
would be really slow.
The mplayer and analogTV plugins show, that this approach works on fast machines.
But an OSD based viewer would be nice too, but the limited number of colours is a
disadvantage here... I think that an OSD based viewer would be easier to implement.

how sould it be controlled? by a remote?
Yes, I think this is possible when the cursor is moved dynamically, so that you
don't have to press a key for each pixel ;-).
When textual inputs are required, one can switch to another viewer. Doing so is
quite easy with VNC.

or should the osd be used for that?

what should this be good for anyway?
For any mouse based tasks, that don't require high screen resolutions.
Eg. reading emails, web browsing, or monitoring the state of a machine, playing games...

I'm currently looking into the vncviewer application and thinking about how this
could be combined with the OSD.