[vdr] Suggestion: Change default bitrate in mplayer.sh.conf

Hello,

mplayer.sh.conf has

VOP="lavc=9000"

as default. I understand that constant bitrates mean less cpu consumption than variable bitrates. 9000 is a very high bitrate and the picture quality is definitely good. For such high bitrates there should be no differences regarding quality using cbr or vbr. So I simply use constant bitrates.

But 9000 is in my opinion much too much. Really good ripped SVCD's have a max of 3000 (I know this comparison sucks but anyway). I say you cannot tell the difference between 4000 and 9000. What's the point? Well, some users might experience choppy playback because of the 9000. I can reproduce that on my system. I know that now after weeks of wondering (and going mad). The Nandub guide (doom9) suggests setting a maximum boundary for bitrate for divx because on some Windows boxes to high bitrates may lead to playback problems. I think the DVB cards cannot take every bitrate, too. So I suggest you lower the default to say 4000. The quality can't be better than that even with vbr. And this might stop choppy play for some people. Just a thought.

Thanks for this great script anyways!!!

Sebastian