[vdr] Re: cpu load remains high when recording is finished

Am Sam, 2003-08-02 um 11.22 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> > Yes, it is. When recording, VDR enters a so called "transfer mode", and
> > it does not leave it after the recording is finished. Transfer mode will
> > be stopped if you switch channels.
> >
> > I don't like this behaviour, too, because it prevents the EPG scan from
> > running (if you do a late night recording, transfer mode stays active
> > the whole night and maybe the next day, no EPG scan is done, no EPG data
> > available, VDRadmin's AutoTimers will not work).
>
> I will try to change this in 1.3.x, but then there will be a short glitch
> in live viewing every time a recording ends on the primary device.

What about running the full-featured DVB-cards in transfer-mode, too and
stop displaying on tv after user-timeout has been reached.

That way the cards will be freed after user-timeout. If you free the
frontends when no recording/watching/epg-scanning is active, too, this
would also be an effective way to save power and heat in conjunction
with "options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=5".

--
Rene Bartsch
Faculties MNI

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24