[vdr] GraphLCD-plugin Hardware problems

Hi,
I've connected an LCD display (LM213XB 256x64 pixel with HD61830) to the LPT
port
The plugin itself works fine, but I don't get a clear picture on the LCD.

I've tried several things:
-LPT Mode:
  + SPP: Nearly unwathcable (~ 100 "pixelerrors")
  + EPP: Some pixelerrors from time to time
  + Several timing settings (-50 .. 50)
  + Added a 10µF Tantal on the LCD-display supply voltage (nothing changed)
  + Added two 74LS244 to regenerate data and control-signals (picture gets
    better, but there are sometimes dropouts. e.g. If I scroll through
menu's
    there are errors all ~10 seconds)

My setup:

PC with SIS     Adapter with     Standard printer   Adapter with
Chipset         a TL497 to       cable              2 x 74LS244
(Asus P4S533)   generate -10,5V

|----------|              1,8m 18pol/shielded
|          |     ^

Is the cable length a problem or is it a common problem to have glitches
from time to time on the LCD.

Roland