[vdr] Re: another EPG scan issue

Hi Klaus, Hi List,

--- eitscan.c.orig      2003-07-03 05:57:28.000000000 +0200
+++ eitscan.c   2003-08-03 14:40:54.000000000 +0200
[...]
-                  if (!(Device->Receiving(true) || Device->Replaying())) {
+                  if (!(Device->Receiving() || Device->Replaying())) {

I'm afraid this will have unwanted side effects on systems with more than one
DVB card. On such a system, a non-primary card might have the CAM connected to
it, and the user may be viewing an encrypted live programme in Transfer Mode.
Since with more than one DVB card the EPG scan kicks in after a short while of
no user interaction, and a Transfer Mode receiver connects to the receiving
device with priority -1 (as do all other receivers that don't actually record),
the receiving end of the Transfer Mode would be cut off with your change.
I have to admit, though, that I haven't tested this explicitly, it's just
what I assume would happen.
Ok, I understand. I didn't know that there seems to be a lot smaller timeout for EPG scans with multiple DVB cards.

OTOH, if a encrypted channel always has a receiver attached to, does that mean if I go to bed with the last channel watched being an encrypted one, EPG scan will never happen? This would be bad, too.

If the EPG scan timeout would be high enough (>= the "min user inactivity"), EPG should always kick in, no matter if there's encryption or not. The high timeout means, that there are good chances nobody is watching at the moment, so switching channels won't hurt.

@Klaus: would you accept an entry to your 1.3 wishlist "forced EPG scan via OSD
and/or SVDRCP (VDRadmin)?"
Yes, this will be implemented.
Thanks a lot in advance!

bye, Michael

--
netWorks                                          Vox: +43 316  698260
Michael Reinelt                                   Fax: +43 316  692343