[vdr] Re: Two TV's on one VDR

From: "Michael Reinelt" <reinelt@eunet.at>
> - is it possible to connect two TV sets to the SVideo output of the DVB
> Card (a WinTV Nexus-S 2.1 here)?
Hi, I had the same problem (with FBAS, but there should be no difference).
First I splittet the signal into 2 cables, but as a result of this the
Picture got darker.
Therefore I have build my own Video-Amplifier (4 FBAS in- and outputs). And
now I used 2 of the inputs to amplify the 2 signals of the s-video signal
(Y,C).
It works perfect! The chip I used is the TDA8540 (Video-Matrix).
If you are interested in building such an amplyfier, I can provide you with
the information needed!

> - how can I connect a second LIRC receiver? Can I use them parallel on
> the same serial port, or should I use another serial port? Is LIRC
> capable of controlling two receivers?
I solved this Problem like this:
I use one serial port. In the 9-pin sub-d connector I put all the electronic
things (diode, voltage-regulator, resistor, capacitor).
From there on I passed the cable to the first TV and somewhere in between
connected another cable (parallel) and passed it to the other TV.
Aditionally I added a larger Capacitor to the Voltage-supply of the
IR-Reciever so that there is olways enough power. (Without that, the voltage
dropped each time a signal came and resulted in confusing the other
IR-reciever. The signal couldnt be understood anymore :-).

I hope this can help you!

Greets
Patrick