[vdr] Re: Videobufsize

Hi,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> > I would assume the recording buffer is larger because the data is written on
> > harddisk, while the other two send the data to the device.
> >

> > > Do these buffers have anything to do with the ring buffers (and their
> > > almost daily overflows)?
> >
> > Yes, these are the sizes of the ringbuffers.
>
> You're right with both things.
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Info:

i use three DVB Cards and ac3overdvb and autopid patch with these i get ringbuffer
overflows, very soon after starting vdr. This does also happen with plain vdr, but only
if the card go into transfer-mode which it always do (when watching Premiere), because
the cam is connected to the third card.

If you increase the buffer from
transfer.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(1)
transfer.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(3)

i didn't get the ringbuffer overflow messages

Gerald