[vdr] Re: 1.2.2: SVDR bug :-(

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:21:53PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Having an SVDRP timeout of 0 means that an opened SVDRP connection
> will live "eternally".

Yes, I know it, I have put it because when I was working with the SVDRP
extension of xawtv, I got segfault of xawtv when the connection got
broken ;-)
And I never changed it back :-(

> Hmmm, could it be that vdradmin doesn't close the SVDRP connection
> after using it?

No, it close the connection perfectly, it's the first time I use
vdradmin tonight (now I know why it's a bad idea to have a hudge
channels.conf with lots of channels I can't decrypt but I can have EPG
on it: my auto-timer tried to reccord on those...) (of course I could
set the CA flag, but it was easyer to delete those...).

> Do you get any "timeout on SVDRP connection" log messages?

With the previous version, I got some "Broken pipe" with the closing of
xawtv with active SVDRP connection, but then another xawtv could open
another connection.

> What happens if you use the default SVDRP timeout (300 seconds)?

I don't know, but with 10 everything works just perfectly: I can use
vdradmin and xawtv SVDRP together!!!

Sorry for all those post,

	Grégoire