[vdr] Re: LIRC teach 1.2.2

ml@bartschnet.de(Rene Bartsch)  09.08.03 18:36

Once upon a time Rene Bartsch shaped the electrons to say...

>Am Sam, 2003-08-09 um 17.16 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
>> After upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.2.2
>> VDR asks me to teach him the remote control keys.
>> But:
>> a) Is there a way to import the old assignment to save that time?
>> ;-)

>I don't think so, but it's only 30 seconds to do the learning

It's not only the time, it's chance of errors too.
Especially seldom used keys. (See "off"-key).
But, ok, there are bigger problems than this if not a simple
"copy"  would be sufficient.

>> b) I was not asked to enter "Volume +-" "Speaker Off" "Power Off"(at
>>    least) Why?

>Mmh, strange, delete remote.conf and try again.

Tried already at least 3 times.

I don't think the behavior change when i try the fourth ;-)

But if there should be the question to press "Off"...

>> c) Why is VDR starting to ask for "KEYB" after the "LIRC"?
>>    (I don't have no keyboard so no chance to press "abort" ;-))

>As you didn't compile with NO_KBD=1 it supports keyboard.

That's a new "must have" option like "REMOTE=LIRC"?

>>    d) Why can't i abort that with the (already configured) RC?

>You cannot control VDR in teaching mode.

Yes. I only want to control the teaching path...

>It only wants to setup it's controls as it is quite useless
>to controll something without a input-device (which you just are teaching)

I only want 1 key/function : "press down to abort KEYB teach"
(or vice versa).

>> e) There is more than one place in the teaching were the user is
>>    asked to press a key to "Continue".
>>    It's for the user not clear what will happen next if he
>>    presses "Continue" and what if not.

>It's also not clear for VDR why it should display "continue" ;o)

But it asked me to press a key when i want to "continue"
inside the teachin menu.

>The only reason I can remind is when you try to use the
>same key for more than one command.

Hm...

>> f) It would be nice to "reteach" after some time.
>>    (Ok, that could be implemented by a "command" "mv remote.conf
>>    remote.conf.bak")

>Why?

Convience? ;-)

>That will only confuse normal users.
>If you want to reteach delete remote.conf.

To do that someone have to
go to the
unix-shell (how without network and keyboard?),
delete the file,
kill vdr and
restart vdr

Rainer