[vdr] Re: migration to 1.2.2

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Am Mon, 2003-08-11 um 09.42 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>

> > > I'd prefer
> > >
> > > ARD:S19.2E-0-11837-28106-0:4
> > > ZDF:S19.2E-0-11954-28006-0:2
> > > RTL:S19.2E-0-12188-12003-0:8
> > >
> > > The third value should be the channel number adjustable by OSD.
> >
> > The channel numbers will be derived by the line number of the
> > entries (otherwise there might be duplicate channel numbers).
> > There will, of course, also be :@nnn lines allowed to start
> > at a given offset.
> >

> So we'll still have all the draw-backs of the line-ordered sorting and
> inserting channels will change numbers.
>
> I vote for the additional field. If a channel is entered, it just gets
> the next free channel-number. If the user assigns a channel-number which
> is already in use, VDR asks him wether to insert the channel and move
> all following one up or move the origin channel to the next free.
>
> If you source channel-number/uid assignment out into a separate file,
> you could even have different channel-number setups for different users
> without touching channels.conf.

There will be separate, user definable channel lists that only contain
the unique channel id and an optional, user definable channel name (by
default it will use the name from channels.conf).

Within these lists the sequence of entries defines the numbering (which
will be totally independent from channels.conf).

Sorry, I don't think it is useful to have a separate "channel number".
If you want to have gaps in your numbering, you can use the ":@nnn"
mechanism.

Klaus