[vdr] Re: VIA enhanced Xine Player and VDR any actions planed?

Lars Bl?ser <lars.blaeser@epost.de> wrote:

> the mpeg2 decoder is a additional option for the vga/tv-out, means divx
> only has to be decoded and pushed into the framebuffer (or what else,
> i´m not a coder), nearly same goes for mpeg2 only that it goes to the
> mpeg2 decoder and after that to the framebuffer

I guess you are right 8) So be it...

But this would mean two different interfaces for the output:
MPEG2 and X (or FB or whatever). Maybe this approach is better than I
thought at first sight, similar to the MPlayer plugin bypassing VDR
during playback.

BTW: Is the TV-Out quality of the EPIA platform really any good?

> decoder? :-)

No, I meant _en_coder - that's why I wrote 'even if there was'! ;)

Regards...
Fabian