[vdr] Re: migration to 1.2.2

Christian Jacobsen wrote:

> Hallo Klaus,
>
> >There will be separate, user definable channel lists that only contain
> >the unique channel id and an optional, user definable channel name (by
> >default it will use the name from channels.conf).
>
> Would it be possible to implement some kind of a "password" (numbers) for
> one/several/all of these lists, so that one could have a list for the
> children and one for adult or whatever ? So that I could control what
> channels the kids can watch when I am not at home :)
>
> Maybe that is already planned ?
>
> If yes then think about crypting those in setup.conf, kids are very clever
> ;)

The first step will certainly bring the bare functionality, but in
the end I want to implement general mechanisms to protect various
aspects of VDR via PINs (just numbers, since that's all we have on RCs),
like deleting recordings, modifying timers etc. One such thing will
then be "changing the channel list".

Klaus