[vdr] Re: VDR's OSD via xine

Am Mit, 2003-08-13 um 18.37 schrieb Guido Fiala:
> > Ok, I was already suspecting that this isn't kvdr's fault since I also
> > experienced this with tuxview...
> >
> > If I understand this right the plugin scales the image as needed and then
> > draws the OSD by itself?
>
> So i hope at least to get rid of the dvb-s so long i can't use a dish...
>
> > Am I right that in general watching TV just on a monitor with the plugin
> > instead of using /dev/video would be the better solution regarding quality?
>
> <OT>
> If you like to have 100Hz and it's more sharp than most TVsets... but also
> smaller. I'am dreaming of a reasonable expensive beamer-solution with about
> 2m image with but 1280x1024 pixels resolution and get rid of the monitor as
> well, so far it will stay a dream, as there is just not enough competition
> amoungst the manufacturers to drive the price of beamers and bulbs low
> enough...
> </OT>

/section OT

The prices of beamers have dropped, but the bulbs are the problem.

You can count 1,- costs per hour your beamer is running for bulbs -
makes 365 day x 10 hours x 1,- Euro per year if you want to use it
instead of a monitor for working, programming ...

/end section OT

--
Rene Bartsch

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24