[vdr] Re: Keyboard-input in script executed with commands.conf

> OK, thanks for the quick response, i just thought i could do it "the
> easy way" ;-)

I think there is at least a small chance to do something in that way. I
remember some sort of channel list switching (parents, kids) with some
sort of PIN.

Think of some commands which write a short string (fe. numbers) into a
file. Think of a shell script which write digits from 1 to 6 in a small
file and one shell script to delete the file. This 7 scripts are named
in commands.conf and a eights shell script reads the input from the
small file and is doing something dependend on the data within the file
some actions.

Then you have in your commands.conf
|| Enter PIN: echo "No function behind"
1        : echo 1 >> /tmp/data
2        : echo 2 >> /tmp/data
3        : echo 3 >> /tmp/data
4        : echo 4 >> /tmp/data
5        : echo 5 >> /tmp/data
6        : echo 6 >> /tmp/data
del data : rm -rf /tmp/data
|| what ever : echo "No function behind"
switch channels : switchchannels.sh

switchchannels is a shell script which changes channels.conf and
restarts VDR if and only if certain data (a PIN) is within /tmp/data and
deletes that file afterwards.

Got it? Ist not my idea, but I thought it is worth to be mentioned.

BR