[vdr] Re: Problems with DVB

Schwerdel@web.de(Dennis schwerdel)  14.08.03 09:15

Once upon a time Dennis schwerdel shaped the electrons to say...

>>> On win I dont watch TV over TV-Out of the DVB but with TV-Out of
>>> the Graphics Card. Is there a tool with which I can test this
>>> TV-OUT of the DVB-Card ?
>>
>> A TV!
>> Connect your TV to the DVB card with a Cinch cable (DVB card: TV
>> out; TV: Video in).

>This is what Im doing all the time but I am not so sure whether the
>cable is ok or the TV is set up right for PC. I think I will try a
>voltage probe to be sure.

Connect a line input or head phone to the video cinch to see,
emm hear if there is any signal.
You must hear a loud (on the phone:very very silent) sharp 25Hz noice.

Which indications do you have that your TV is accepting video
signal on that cinch plug? (Try your old VDR)

If you have "SCART" remember that there are two kind of them.
One for VCRs and one for TV. The better of them have a switch
to select the direction of the video.

got to

DVB/drivers
do
make rmmod  (may complain on teh frist run)
make insmod

does it all start without conmplains?

Do you see some colored vertical bar when the driver loads
appear for a few seconds?

Do you see the "Convergence Logo" scroll up and down
in the lower thrid of the sreen?

What does

lsmod

say?