[vdr] Re: Problems with DVB

> Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 22:25 schrieb Juri Haberland:
>
> > I want you to connect your TV set with a cinch cable to the Video-Out of
> > your DVB card. Directly. Without any other stuff like graphic cards
> > inbetween. Just a single cable from the DVB to the TV. That simple.
>
> Yes this is the actual state.
> My TV got 3 SCART-IN.
> First is connected to the DVB-OUT
> Second is connectec to the graphic cards-out
>
> > Then start Windows and the Technotrend application (or whatever program
> > you use within Windows). Now my question: Do you get a picture on TV?
>
> No I get no Picture.
> IMHO this tool just shows the video on the desktop.
> I dont have any tool to show the video via DVB but Im searching for.
>
> > Or am I getting you wrong:
> > Do you want to do with Linux the same as you do with Windows: You want
> > see the picture of your graphics card on your TV set?
>
> No I want to see the picture and hear the sound on the TV.
> I got a TV-OUT at my graphics card and one on my DVB.
> I am trying to use the DVB-OUT cause it should be able to deliver the
sound.
> On Windows I installed a tool to check the hardware but i am not so far
with windows to have a working usable system.

> I hope this helps you understanding what i want to do.
>
> Dennis

Hi,

please note that there are two different chinch to scart adapter on market.
There are "scart to chinch IN" and "scart to chinch OUT". The most common
problem is simply the wrong adapter. On market you can get also switchable
adapters, i think it is the best you try some adapter first befor you bring
the dvbs back to  you dealer.

Greetings

A.Share