[vdr] Re: CAM Aston 1.05 workaround

Antonino Sergi wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 09:36, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Antonino Sergi wrote:

> > > This is extracted from channels.conf of vdr-1.0.4, which I use for
> > > production, so that 0 is DiSEqC; the entry is OK, in fact, one that
> > > works is
> > > FOX:11842:V:0:27500:2440:2441:0:1:3550
> > > Sorry to have been not clear, but the problem seems really to exist.
> >
> > Strange... DiSEqC is handled quite differently in VDR 1.2, so you
> > really should try to adapt your channels.conf accordingly.
> >
> > Klaus
>
> Now they changed PIDs for that channel and it works again; I noticed
> that they change PIDs frequently now. Could it be a way to "fight"
> unofficial decoders? (like VDR?)

Well, maybe, maybe not.
You may want to try the autopid patch (from Andreas Schultz) if you
often watch channels that frequently change PIDs.

> I'll keep trying to understand why vdr-1.2 and ll-firmware is not able
> to decrypt.

You're confusing me - didn't you just write "Now they changed PIDs for that
channel and it works again"? You need to be a lot more clear about _exactly_
what you are experiencing with which version of the driver and/or VDR.

Klaus