[vdr] Re: Playing timer-started recordings while recording

> Harry Weigel wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > when I want to play a recording that was started by a timer, letīs say
half
> > an hour ago, the directory of recordings does not show all entries.
After a
> > quick restart VDR shoes all recordings again AND the running recording.
Now
> > I can play this recording while recording, just like time shifting. The
idea
> > is to start the recording of a movie and start looking at it after 30
min or
> > so, just to skip the comercials. I know this can be done with the time
shift
> > function but with the timer it could be startet automatically. Maybe VDR
> > only needs to "refresh" the directory of recordings?
>
> Does this happen with "plain vanilla" VDR?
> I hardly think so, because VDR actually re-scans the video directory
> every time you open the "Recordings" menu.
>
> Klaus

Well it happens here on "plain vanilla" 1.2.1. Same with earlier versions.
First time the recordings menu always is scanned (4 to 8 secs to be
displayed), later it displayes within 1 or 2 secs. With a timer-started
recording sometimes only a very few entries are displayed. With time shift
everything is ok, the recordings show correctly in the menu. Anyone else has
the same problem? (Itīs not a big prob for me, I can live with it, just
wonder why it happens...)

Harry