[vdr] Re: In what circumstances is epg.data saved to disk?

Onno wrote:

> HI,
>
> Matthias Schniedermeyer schrieb:

> >>These are only read ahen VDR starts.
> >>If you want to change any of these entries, use the OSD or
> >>the appropriate SVDRP commands, like MODC, MODT, NEWT or NEWC.
> >

> > Btw.
> > svdrp.c:  Reply(502, "DELC not yet implemented");
> >
> and no way of editing an epg event without heavy network
> i/o, which is some kind of very stupid, since ~95% of all
> users use svdrp on localhost, which makes it very annoying,
> if you just want to fix the broken epg.
> i want my episodes to have the correct episode title
> in a directory structure, thus i must copy the first string
> of the description (D) to the sub-title (S), this has to be
> done even when one uses xmltv2vdr
> (after enhancing it to support sub-titles).
>
> so i have to use ugly shell code sed,awk,grep,cut
> after getting the data from netcat, and before
> sending it back with netcat, and if vdr gets stuck on
> reimport of 6-7mb of epg all is lost and i repeat with
> increased usleep's. this tends to block vdr from 6:00h
> till 7:30h (including import of external xmltv and filtering
> for double timers/recordings)
>
> i guess it would be easier and faster if either:
>
> A)svdrp gets a lot more commands to manipulate more
> of vdrs internal data (epg, timer, channels, states-of-devices)
> selective
> i.e. not all at once, but one pice at a time, like
> only the subtitle of a certain recording, which must be fetch'able
> like in a database (asterixes,patterns, but no advanced db stuff )
>
> or
>
> B)
> vdr get the ability to re-read its conf/data files on demand
> (manually edited timers,epg [WHICH NEVER WORKS AS EXPECTED
> UNLESS FIXED BY HAND/SCRIPT] , or channels and commands)
>
> Jet still i know those "problems" would be there if there
> wasn't Klaus and the fantastic vdr software...
>
> So just my experience on the way to a _perfect_ TV Experience.
>
> Regards to Klaus and all Contributors to this Dream,

So am I right in assuming that your main problem is the wrong
format of some stations' EPG data? VDR has a builtin mechanism
that tries to fix this (see cEventInfo::FixEpgBugs()).
Maybe you want to add the fixes for your channels there.

Klaus