[vdr] Re: VDR feature request - Keyboard led indicators.

> I soldered up a little "circuit" with two leds connected to the
> parallel port. They indicate "VDR on" and "recording in progress",
> just like you want. To actually control the "recording led"
I made a
> minimal little plugin that get status info from VDR about
> started/stopped recordings and which then turns the led on/off as
> appropriate. Works extremely well. As for using the keyboard leds,
> well, it should just be a matter of changing one system() call to
> instead call your "setled" or similar program.

Sorry, it seems I missed the first posting.

I have something simmilar within my serial Plugin. It gives you the
possibility to use 15 extra buttons on the frontside of your VDR
connected to the serial port. There is also a LED connected to the
serial port. The LED is lighted when a recording is in place. When a
recording is done on the primary card than the LED is flushing. The
flushing rate could be controlled via the options menu of the plugin and
also be turned to "off" or "solid lightning".

Please have a short look at my hardware at
http://www.lf-klueber.de/Tasten.jpg

The right LED is the recording LED. The left and yellow one is the HDD
LED connected to the MB.

Kind regards.