[vdr] Re: Problems with exit-states (VDR-1.2.2)

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Am Mon, 2003-08-25 um 19.43 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>

> > > ------------------- snip ----------------------
> > >
> > > PROGSTART=$(date +%s) && su -c "$PROG_CMD_EXEC" $VDRUSER
> > > echo $? > /dev/tty1
> > >
> > > ------------------- snap ----------------------
> > >
> > > PROGCMD contains the command-line options for VDR and PLUGINS.
> >
> > Are you sure the actual exit goes through the lines
> >

> >   if (cThread::EmergencyExit()) {
> >      esyslog("emergency exit!");
> >      return 1;
> >      }
> >   return 0;
> >
> > in vdr.c in both cases?
> > I don't see why the presence of a plugin should change the return value
> > in case of an exit.
>
> I've exit by restart in OSD-Menu which should return 1, starting the
> restart-loop of my init-script. Blank vdr returns 1, but vdr started up
> with plugins returns 0.

I run VDR with the 'sky' and 'dvd' plugins and the return values are
as expected.

Maybe you should try dropping one plugin after the other to see which
one causes this.

> I also have strange problems with the command-line. VDR complains about
> things like "unrecognized option: --mount=mount.sh" although it loads
> the mp3-plugin or other plugins. vdr --help shows the plugin and it's
> options fine.
>
> My init-script is ready for a week now and it certainly could replace
> runvdr quite well (it has extensive error-recovery and logging - I'll
> post it on the list when it works), but I'm struggling with the
> command-line.
>
> I've tested a lot of strings with quotations, (back-)slashes, etc. but
> either vdr complains about wrong plugin-options or returns wrong
> exit-codes. It also could be some kind of parsing-error.
>
> Could you give me an example of a command-line with several plugins and
> several options for each plugin which definitely works for you?

I'm afraid my command line isn't complex enough.
Cahnces are you have done something wrong with quotes (or lack thereof).

If you post your command line here, I'm sure somebody can pinpoint
the problem.

Klaus