[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 11:46, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> IMHO this could be a design problem of the player routine within
> the DVD plugin.  It seems to me that it do not use a bigger
> ringbuffer with a seperate thread for filling it in background
> if the video device is busy.

That would help, but then the delay between the DVD state machine and the
final display gets larger, causing syncronisation problems with
menushighlights and subtitles.
The solution for that advocated by libdvdnav (as i understand it) is to use
your own fifo's for video/audio and navigation packets. VDR's ringbuffers are
IMHO not very suitable for that and the required changes to the plugin are
not trivial.

Andreas