[vdr] Re: Writing a cDevice plugin

Am Sam, 2003-08-30 um 00.31 schrieb Reinhard Nissl:

> For any reason, I had to choose DiSEqC to get it working. I've tried this
> earlier already, but didn't supply a diseqc.conf and therefore it didn't work.
> Poor me, not reading the file INSTALL carefully enough :-((
>
> Strange is, that VDR requires me to choose DiSEqC. I've modified szap a little
> to use only plain old signalling respectively only DiSEqC and it was working
> in both cases. I don't know, whether this is a concern, that should be
> analyzed any further.
>
> Besides that, I had a look at channels.conf. There are a lot of settings to
> provide for a channel. Are these settings anywhere available on the internet?
> Most of the printed channel guides do not supply these values.

I'm afraid, they're not available - at least not in VDR-format. We
exchange the entries between each other by ML or PM.

There is a first approach to auto-scan channels called autopid-patch,
but it breaks plugins - and sometimes VDR.

DVB-tools have a scan-tool generating channel-lists for VDR, but I think
I've read something VDR doesn't like them much.

--
Rene Bartsch

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24
Mail:  rene@bartschnet.de