[vdr] Re: CAM - proposal for reinitializing

Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > This sounds like the problem we had long ago with the old
> > firmware ...
> > ... I don't have this problem
> > with the LL firmware.
> >
> > Are you sure you are using the LL firmware?
>
> Unfortunately I'm absolute sure to use the -icam firmware :-)

In that case, which "CAM patch" were you referring to?

> I had no success with the SKYCRYPT and the ICECRYPT CAM to
> get them working with the LL firmware.

Not even with the patch Hans-Peter Raschke has posted in
http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2003/08-2003/msg01056.html ?
He claimed that this made the SkyCrypt-CAM work in his system.

> With -icam and hw_sections=1 the skycrypt works without
> problems as long as I don't start an edit-session.
>
> OK - I can live with the restriction to reinitialize the
> CAM. Mostly removing and reinserting the SKYCRYPT is
> sufficient (only OSD-Menus have afterwards wrong colour,
> i.e. "White" becomes light red and all other colours are
> very "weak".

Please retray with the LL firmware and VDR 1.2.2 modified with
Hans-Peter's patch.

Klaus