[vdr] Re: Pundit case and Hauppauge Nexus-s

> Otto J. Makela wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:03:44 +0200, Miguel Sanchez wrote:
> >

> >>I previously reported my vote for this barebone system [Pundit] from
> >>Asus to the list. Now, my word of warning: A Nexus-s board will
> >>collide with the CPU heatsink/fan of such a system. (Ok you mighet
> >>rip off part of the heatsink to make it if fit, it's only 2 cm, but
> >>I refused to do this).
> >>
> >>While I still think it is a nice case and computer, I had to let it
> >>
> >>So you can save yourself some time all this messing around if you
> >>own a Nexus-s and are looking for a nice box to build your VDR box
> >>with.
> >>

> >I've found that neither will a Hauppauge DVB-C card fit there.
> >
> >However, as you said, the overlap is also only about 2cm and on one
> >PCI slot it is only the heatsink air director (plastic funnel leading
> >into the heatsink fan) that gets in the way -- it would be rather easy
> >to make a small incision into the director for the card. I doubt this
> >would have serious repercussions for air flow in the case.
> >

> Hi Otto,
>
> The  box has two PCI slots, the topmost is the one that, if you use it
> will make the card to collide with the plastic part/ fan of the
> heatsink, however due to the height of the card I could not manage to
> get the card inserted into this slot and the PCI 90 degrees adapter
> block back into its place. So I only managed to get the card into the
> bottommost slot (the other) and then the card will bump into the metal
> fins of the heatsink. If you remove part of them you are reducing its
> heatsinking capability.
>
> I'll be interested on hearing from people who actually fixed problem
> (maybe getting a different configuration heatsink/fan?).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Miguel
>

> --
> Info:
as subject.

Hi
I have a Asus Pundit and a Hauppauge DVB-C since April 03 and all work fine.
(A friend have the same since Jully 03)
The computer is online 24h/24h and the temperature of the CPU and the
Motherboard are ok.
I have remove the CPU headsink to place the DVB-c.
So the Asus Pundit works very nice for VDR and DVB-c

Francois