[vdr] Re: Pundit case and Hauppauge Nexus-s

Otto J. Makela wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:03:44 +0200, Miguel Sanchez wrote:
>

>>I previously reported my vote for this barebone system [Pundit] from
>>Asus to the list. Now, my word of warning: A Nexus-s board will
>>collide with the CPU heatsink/fan of such a system. (Ok you mighet
>>rip off part of the heatsink to make it if fit, it's only 2 cm, but
>>I refused to do this).
>>
>>While I still think it is a nice case and computer, I had to let it
>>
>>So you can save yourself some time all this messing around if you
>>own a Nexus-s and are looking for a nice box to build your VDR box
>>with.
>>

>I've found that neither will a Hauppauge DVB-C card fit there.
>
>However, as you said, the overlap is also only about 2cm and on one
>PCI slot it is only the heatsink air director (plastic funnel leading
>into the heatsink fan) that gets in the way -- it would be rather easy
>to make a small incision into the director for the card. I doubt this
>would have serious repercussions for air flow in the case.

Hi Otto,

The  box has two PCI slots, the topmost is the one that, if you use it
will make the card to collide with the plastic part/ fan of the
heatsink, however due to the height of the card I could not manage to
get the card inserted into this slot and the PCI 90 degrees adapter
block back into its place. So I only managed to get the card into the
bottommost slot (the other) and then the card will bump into the metal
fins of the heatsink. If you remove part of them you are reducing its
heatsinking capability.

I'll be interested on hearing from people who actually fixed problem
(maybe getting a different configuration heatsink/fan?).

Cheers,

Miguel