[vdr] Re: Drop support for multiple video dirs? [was: FeatureRequest]

hi
And even without support for several /video directories
you could still have several disks mounted under the top
level /video directory and store your recordings on the
various disks.

So here's my proposal: if nobody objects I'd like to
drop the support for multiple /video directories in
version 1.3. If necessary I can provide a script that
converts an existing linked /video0, /video1,... structure
into a plain directory structure.

Any comments?
- why removing a feature, that does not disturb anybody (nobody _has to_ use it!?), it is an option! -> maybe leave it at least as compiler switch
- with raid (stripes) i have the same problem (even worse!!) as the problems with a crashed drive with the vdr solution. -> when the raid stripe crashes, there is nothing left... (not even parts of recordings)
- how can i mount several drives on the same mount point!?

bye.

(manuel hartl / it services)
(web - http://www.hartl-it.de)