[vdr] Re: System freeze - scanning recordings ... --> FLATFILE?

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> At Sonntag, 21. September 2003 16:25 Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > I'm planning to make it so that the directories will be re-scanned
> > whenever their timestamp changes. So it would be possible to trigger
> > this by doing a simple 'touch' at the top level video directory.
>
> That's ok, but anyway I thought about suggesting a SIGHUP handler to reload
> all configuration files and directories. Do you plan something like that in
> 1.3, too? I hate that driver reloads whenever I have to kill VDR for
> changes in those :-). That way even recordings would be kept uninterrupted.

The various configuration parameters are read and evaluated
at program startup, and may greatly influence the way the
program behaves. Re-reading those files while VDR is running
might work for some of them, but for instance the timers.conf
is a little tricky in case a recording is currently going on
or the user has a menu open that edits timers.

Which configuration files would you want to change manually,
and why can't this be done from within VDR?

Klaus