[vdr] Re: can't record SAT1 / Pro7 with Nova budget card

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

Claas Hilbrecht wrote:

[ cTS2PES errors ]

You also may want to check the voltage at the sat cable.
Since both channel groups you are comparing are on different
polarizations, maybe the budget cards don't provide enough
voltage?

How can I check if the voltage is "good enough"?

With a voltage meter.

But I think there is no voltage problem since my system looks like sat
antenne -> uas 485 -> exr 5016 -> dvd card. I think the exr 5016 is
providing the power to the uas 485 quad lnb.

That may be true, but still the DVB card must provide the correct
voltage to switch polarizations.

All the channels you have listed as not working are on
vertically polarized transponders. Vertical polarization
requires "low" LNB voltage (13 Volts). If your DVB card
provides a voltage that's too high in that case, the switch
won't deliver the vertical, but rather the horizontal signal.

Klaus

But n-tv works great and also is vertical?!
Just to be sure I measured: 12,75V for Pro7, 17,6V for RTL. That looks good doesn`t it?

@Claas: Do you have clear sight to the satellite or some trees in the way as I have?
Could it be that this transponder is a bit weaker than others and that the nova card is more pickish with the input signal?

Michael