[vdr] Re: vdrcutter2 (standalone vdr cutter)

Hallo Sven,

>i was in need for a standalone cutter/editor for the vdr recordings,
>which result is stdout .. (for the repackmpeg2-v0.7)
>
>well, i just modified the cutter.[ch] -> cutter2.[ch],
>within vdr-1.2.5 to provide such a beast.
>
>the ugly thing is .. well, everything is being linked to,
>therefore the binary is about 4 MB of size .. anyway .. it works.

very nice :) I need that too ...

I am working on an batch cutter for VDR - so that we don't have to cut
each recoding "on foot" ;) (I will release a beta soon)
btw. at the same time I have put in there an program I found for settings
marks around commercials for those who would like that ;)

At the moment I have 3 "problems" :

1. As it is an "stdout" cutter I have to take care of the recording back
into files and split them. It would be much nicer if the prgram had a
couple of switches that could write directly to disk and split the
recordings too :)

btw. how can I split recordings with linux tools - just do a :
vdrcutter2 recording-dir | split -b2048000 - vdr
and then rename them ?
Does VDR like that approach ?
Or is there a better way ?

2. I have to run genindex at the end to get the index - it would be nice
to have that in your cutter ;) (just like vdr does) but that is only a
wish - not that Imporant !

3. It does not seem that your vdrcutter2 always runs stable - I did a
recoding yesterday (did not matter to me what it was) which was 19 min
long. Here I marked one part of 11 min and a second of 1 min. VDR could
cut it allright, but vdrcutter2 crashed on every second time and worked
the other time - without any other changes inbetween !?
Any Ideas ?

Here parts of my log (STATUS=exit status of vdrcutter) :
vdrcutter2
/video0/Kalkofes_Mattscheibe_-_DDR_Spezial/2003-10-06.21.50.50.99.rec
Editing process started./autocutter.sh: line 53:  8188 Segmentation fault
    $VDRCUTTER2 $CurJob >$CutDir/001.vdr
STATUS=139

next time OK :
vdrcutter2
/video0/Kalkofes_Mattscheibe_-_DDR_Spezial/2003-10-06.21.50.50.99.rec
Editing process started
+ STATUS=0

and so on
./autocutter.sh: line 53: 11969 Segmentation fault      $VDRCUTTER2
$CurJob >$CutDir/001.vdr

When I changed the marks to contain only one part of minute then it had no
problems anylonger.

VDR 1.2.5 Vanilla + your patch + DVB-1.0.1

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen