[vdr] Re: Two cards, two recordings, bad signal on one = two broken recordings

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 04:56 schrieben Sie:
> >
> > Perhaps priorities could be used to decide "don't restart to try to fix
> > a lower priority recording if a higher priority recording is going
> > fine".
>
> The reason VDR restarts is the unreliable DVB-driver. As it used to crash very
> often, VDR restarts to reload it. But VDR doesn't know if the driver has
> crashed or if there's just no reception. We've discussed this with Klaus very
> often, but he didn't want to change the code.

I guess it wouldn't matter how the code is changed, there would
always be somebody who has a special case in which everything
should be done completely different ;-)

So I'd say everybody should change this in whatever way they
consider best fitting.

Klaus