[vdr] Re: vdr killed my video archive

Hallo Matthias Schniedermeyer,
am Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 um 16:34 hast du folgendes geschrieben:

MS> This is because since "day one" i prefer "permanent(tm)" recordings.
MS> First on CD-R and since 2 years on (Data-)DVD-R.

How "permanent" is a recording on DVD? I just began to store
recordings to DVDs using vdrconvert, and i wonder what is the
"lifetime" of a DVD? I once had some burned AudioCDs that worked fine at
first, but became unreadable after one or two years (they were used
normally i.e. didn't expose them to sunlight thruout the whole
summer).
You wouldn't call one to two years "permanent", would you?

MS> (Currently > 500 DVD-Rs)

Just wondering:
when are you going to watch all this stuff??? ;-)

mario

Mario Schellenberger
mailto:schelli@gmx.net