[vdr] Re: vdradmin + apache2 mod_proxy problem - solved

Thanks to Christian Kramer and Christoph Mueller for helping to solve
this problem.

I have summarized the needed changes for my Apache (Apache2, SuSE 8.2):
Following modules have to be activated additionally:
proxy, html_proxy, rewrite

Following has to be added to the httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost *>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/vdradmin(.*) http://localhost:8001$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

@ Thomas Koch: Could you please add these information to the
INSTALL file at the next release of vdradmin?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 12:17:54AM +0200, Christoph Mueller wrote:
> I use Apache 1.3 and added two rewrite rules within a <VirtualHost>
> definition in my apache config:
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteLogLevel 0
> RewriteRule ^/vdradmin/left.html http://vcr-1:8001/left.html [P,L]
> RewriteRule ^/vdradmin(.*) http://vcr-1:8001$1 [P,L]

What does the first RewriteRule do? It is covered already by the second
line, isn't it?

best regards
Martin Neuditschko