[vdr] Re: vdr no recognizing my Technisat Skystar2 card?

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> VDR does not support any card. It uses DVB-API V3.0 which is a generic,
> hardware-independent inferface to the DVB-driver. If VDR can't use the card,
> something is going wrong with your driver-setup. Did you try to use
> MPlayer/Xine or dvbstream to watch from that card?

I tried szap, but it also can't open the device:

  % ./szap -n 1
  reading channels from file '/root/.szap/channels.conf'
  zapping to 'Das Erste':
  sat 0, frequency = 11837 MHz H, symbolrate 27500000, vpid = 0x0065, apid = 0x0066
  using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
  opening frontend failed: No such device

So indeed the problem is at DVB-driver level. I subscribed to
dvb@linuxtv.org and posted my question there, because it's definitely no
vdr issue.

Regards,

Joern

--
Think before you code. And while you're doing it probably won't hurt. ;)