[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

Helmut Auer wrote:

> @Klaus
> I think the AC3 stuff is the main lack of the plain vdr. Many plugins
> are nice to have, but imho a dvb receiver should have AC3 nowadays.

Well, I wonder how many people actually have AC3 equipment.
My guess would be the majority does not.

> So do you see a chance to adopt the AC3overDVB stuff to plain VDR ?

A chance, sure - but the question is _when_ ;-)
I have so many other things that I want to do first, that this
may still take quite a while to get adopted. Besides, I don't like
the fact that the DVB hardware requires application activity to
play AC3 over DVB in live mode. This is something the hardware
should be able to do by itself.

> Maybe we should initiate a collection and buy a digital AV-Receiver for
> you :-)

That's a nice thought, but I would reject that - accepting anything, be it
money or merchandise, would put me in aposition where I might be obliged to
to things that I don't want to do (at least at the moment).

Klaus