[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 06:13:50PM +0200, Helmut Auer wrote:

Oh please :-(

Please read the ML :-(

For that, you need a receiver that don't need the non-audio bit setting
as the dvb can't set it right, please read the posts from Dr Werner
Fink...

> Just buy an Asus SPDIF Adapter ( < 5 Euros at Ebay ) connect 3 cables to
> the J2 and enjoy the optical output.

Optical yes, but no ac3 for lots of receiver... I have one :-(

> Thats really easy :-) For bitstreamout you need a seperate Soundcard and
> ALSA, the J2 already exists on the DVB Card.

But as in lots of case is unusable, and a soundcard with SPDIF Adapter
could also be found for less than 5 Euros, the conclusion is evident ;-)

> AC3overDVB already works with the hardware - just use the Patch 0.21 and
> the adapter as told above.

Sorry, you're wrong: it could works, depending on the receiver...

> It should not be too much work to implement the patch to the core VDR,
> but I can understand Klaus, because he does not own AC3 Stuff ( so thats
> why I think a collection for him would be really a nice idea ).

The main problem is the DVB hardware limitation...

	Grégoire