[vdr] Re: VDR on XBOX using xine plugin

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 12:31, Laurence Abbott wrote:

> Just been reading that...I can't believe how easy it sounds but then it
> is a while since I've looked into Xbox linux!

Yep, so the argument that you need a modchip 'just because I want to run
Linux' has collapsed - now modchip = warez. Of course, people will still
insist on their right to play "backups of their legit bought games" or
at least legit-rented for one night. :)

> Doh!  Of course: use it just as the playing front-end with the streamdev
> client!
>
> All looks very tempting...

Yes :)

Bear in mind that the streamdev client is still a work in progress -
when I tried 0.3.0 it was still not possible to tune to a different
transponder than what the 'server' VDR was tuned to, but I'm sure Sascha
will deal with this in due course - it could get very messy when you
take recordings and timers into account though - who has priority, etc.

Cheers,
Gavin.