[vdr] Re: possible bug: VDR1.2.5 commandline interpreting

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

What you are describing are all shell and/or quoting problems,
not VDR problems. The last two examples don't cause a VDR error message
because VDR only processes real options and completely ignores non-option
parameters. I'll make a note to change this and issue an error message
if, after processing all options, there are still command line
parameters left. Of course, this wouldn't help you...
What can I do, to hold the vdr-options in variables and still to create a dynamic command line?

I want to built a generic solution, which is able to work with different hardware equipments.

One example is my detecting of a connected cd- or dvd-rom (with devfs)

### detectig cd-/dvd-rom's ###
#
if [ -d /dev/cdroms ]
then
opt1="-P vdrcd -P vcd -v /dev/cdroms/cdrom0"
if [ `grep "Can read DVD:" /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info | cut -f 3` = "1" ]
then
opt2="-P dvd '-C/dev/cdroms/cdrom0'"
fi
fi

This is working right now, but the display stuff sucks. :-(

Alfred