[vdr] Re: PATCHES: vdr-1.2.6 (getSTC and mp2)

On Sunday 02 November 2003 23:09, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Oh, I see (sorry, just briefly looked over the patch and saw that
> there is a PID set where I didn't expect it).
>
> So what do you need this PCR-PID setting for, anyway?
> After all, in live mode cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice() does set the
> PCR PID - or am I missing something here?

replay modes/plugins has not set it .. :-(

> > i used the pid type (audio/video/Pcr) paradigma,
> > just because of some convinient and semantic usage.
> >
> > but if you like to use another way .. whatever .. since it is
> > convinient - at least the ptPcr should be available -
> > its ok for me - change it.
> >
> > but i would love to bring this asap into it, to save users from
> > patching vdr .. for those two plugins ..
> > just my humble opinion ;-)
>
> If it's just about adding GetSTC() I might consider this for 1.2.6,
> but then the setting of the PCR PID has to be dropped since that one
> is already set - or is there a situation where this isn't the case?.

plugins: vdr-dvd,
and replay/transport modes ..

> Also, what's with the 'ePidType type=ptPcr' parameter in GetSTC()?
> Is this to be called with other 'type's, too?

i just tried, if the STC is different for the
ptVideo and ptPcr dvb device handle - but i guess it is not.
(just a guess)

the default is ptPcr anyway ..

but e.g. if dvbplayer, or dvd player needs STC,
they never opened ptPcr .. so it should be opened
in case it is not allready ;-)

> Sorry if my questions seem dumb to you, but I currently
> don't have the time to look deeper into this, so you'll need to
> explain to me very detailed what and why you do it ;-) After all,
> version 1.2.6 is almost about to be released, so I can't add
> anything that might have unwanted side effects.

getSTC does not close any handles, and it just uses
the STC ioctl .. therefore there should not be any sideeffects,
IMHO.

cDevice::GetPidHandle just seeks for the given ePidType
(in the set of pidHandles) and returns the 1st found one,
or NULL.
this can be convinient, if someone wants to do something
with ptVideo/ptAudio, but does not want to struggle through
the cChannel stuff .. for a allready opened pidHandle ..

i hope this makes things a little more clearly ..

> Klaus

how about the mp2 PlayAudio patch ?

as i noted, i have added the same routine for
transfer mode as well, and mimik the old dd 1st
behavior. i have tested it with and without bitstreamout.

cheers, sven
- --
health & wealth
mailto:sgoethel@jausoft.com
www   : http://www.jausoft.com ; pgp: http://www.jausoft.com/gpg/
voice : +49-5121-999600 ; fax : +49-5121-999602