[vdr] Re: Corrupted recordings

On Monday 03 November 2003 14:55, Helmut Auer wrote:
> >I assume this is the infamous "unknown picture type" error.
> >Those who have this should check their log file for such an error message.
> >

> I just followed the discussion on VDR-Portal and also read the thread
> here about 2 months ago.
> I don't understand why the patch ( which changes ca handling ) can solve
> the problem on a system with only
> FTA channels. Can anyone enlighten me a little bit ?

IMHO nobody can. Otherwise we would probably be able to fix the problem.
I suppose the patch changes timing in a subtle way and works around the
problem.

Maybe the problem is the same as the one discussed in the thread
'One image on all channels?' If that happens, and you try to record
the channel, the recorded stream is corrupted, too.

Oliver