[vdr] Re: vdr-xine-plugin 0.0.2 problem

> Not any help for you, but I also get the exact behavior.
> (xine plugin does not fill the fifo's).
>
> So if you find the solution, I'd be listening ;-)

Yes - indeed i found the problem:

You must not have loaded any dvb-driver !
Without it works, somewhat.

It displayes the video but not smooth - lot's of framedrops.

Also i wonder why my P3-1266 MHz is slower at decoding MPEG2 than
my old P2-450 - the sysload is now almost 100% despite that i could flawlessly
watch MPEG fullscreen at the older system.
Both Systems have Xv-support working fine without any cpu-load to display
fullscreen.

Another thing is, that the video-size send via the FIFO does change the size
of the xine-window instead of simply scaling correctly. @Reinhard: please add
this to the README...

I bug is also, that the OSD size is incorrectly calculated after such changes
- most times the OSD seems to be twice as large as the window, so one can
only see the top left of the OSD.

Image quality itself is great otherwise.

It seems that no SVDRP-control is supported in xine?

Why use xine anyway? At least at my system mpeg2dec has the lowest cpu-load of
all players, then comes mplayer and xine uses the most cpu. Trying that
shows, that only xine correctly synchronizes at the FIFO, that other players
show only garbage but the video shows up "somewhat"...

(All players are compiled optimally for my architecture as i'am using
Gentoo-Linux.)

Well - Reinhard - if you are listening - maybe you can answer some of the
questions...