[vdr] Re: Starting and Recording Problems

I'm sorry if some people get this repley a second time but some people sent me a mail
that they couldn't open the mail. I think it's this crappy Notes web client :-( I've changed to
Mozilla Mail. Hope this works now... Sorry again. And here now the original replay:

Hi Tim!

For your first problem I may have a solution. I've had a similar problem. First you should test
your drive speed eg.:
hdparm -Tt /dev/hda
If you your /video mountpoint is on a different drive try .../hdb or any other drive. hdparm prints
out two values. The second one is the one of interest. For the first time I ran this utility on my
hdd I've got an unswallowable value of 5-6 MByte/sec. In this case try a different UDMA hdd mode.
I've reduced it vom UDMA 5 to UDMA 3. Now it runs fine with around 30 MByte/sec. You can
use hdparm to do this. I haven't the exaclty syntax here at the moment. Please look in the
manpage of hdparm or have a look at this page: http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/06/29/hdparm.html

- Robert

Tim Coggins <tc@sonicated.com>
Sent by: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org