[vdr] Re: PATCHES: vdr-1.2.6 (getSTC and mp2)

On Friday 07 November 2003 15:08, Sven Goethel wrote:

> On Friday 07 November 2003 14:57, Oliver Endriss wrote:
>
> > > While testing the GetSTC function in VDR I saw that the value
> > > happily continues to count upwards even if I pause a replay.
> > > As soon as I continue replay the counter jumps back to where
> > > it was when Pause was pressed.
> > >
> > > @Johannes: shouldn't the DMX_GET_STC call return a constant value
> > >            while in pause mode?
> >
> > According to the av7110 datasheet (p. 57) the system time clock is
> > basically a hardware counter, combined with an interrupt handler
> > which counts the upper bits of the STC.
> > I assume that the STC is simply running 'free' after you pressed 'pause'.
> >
> > Another interesting feature(?):
> > STC ist set to 0, if you enter fast forward/backward mode.
>
> hmm .. so ain't there a way to get the seen PTS (video/audio)
> of the played (replay/transfer/live) stream ?

Imho the *PTS* (presentation timestamp) is not directly available,
but the *STC* (System Time Clock) can be used instead.

According to my tests, the STC is valid during replay/transfer/live
mode. In trick mode (pause, slow motion, fast forward/rewind) it is
meaningless anyway.

> afai understand STC is the seen PTS as long as you just play ..

Apparently the STC is set to the value of the PTS in the recorded
material.

It might be interesting for you to read section '11. Synchronization' of
the av7110 datasheet. There is an explanation how the av7110 performs
A/V sync. Maybe you can use some ideas.

Oliver